Can I blame it on my unfortunate episode with kidney stones? Cause that’s what prevented my ‘What I’m Loving Wednesday’ post from happening last week! I think it’s easier to just say that this is not a weekly feature necessarily. I want to share the coolest stuff I find. So if it happens to be weekly, yay. If not, well…just let it be known that I’m on the hunt to find more super cool things to share here. Cause I like sharing. 😉
Here are some of the things I’ve been loving lately…
1) The Walking Dead graphic novels! After becoming a big fan of the show, and knowing it was based off of a comic, I decided to order the first two books online and see how I liked them. A little known fact about me: I am a BIG fan of any books or movies with a post apocalyptic theme. So naturally, I was smitten from the moment I cracked the spine. In the span of about two weeks I ordered and read all 7 books (so far) in the series. To gave you an idea of how much reading that is, it’s the equivalent to reading 84 regular trade paperback comic books. It’s okay. You can go ahead and say it. Geek alert. 😉
2) My new hair cut and Pantene Beautiful Lengths! I felt it was time for a change so I decided to cut my hair. And since it was looooong, I decided to go for a 13 inch chop and send it in to Pantene Beautiful Lengths so that they could use it in the production of wigs for folks who’ve lost their hair due to cancer or other illnesses. So I’m LOVING the chop, and loving the cause. Makes me feel good in a whole lotta ways. 😉
3) The Children’s Museum at the Museum of Civilization here in Ottawa (well, Gatineau)! This year for the first time we decided to get a membership for our family and we are so glad we did. The kids adore this place. Cool exhibits aside, they have free art workshops which we attend nearly every time we are there and they always have something cool happening on the various holidays throughout the year! We love, love, love it there and we feel very fortunate to have it so close by. 🙂
4) My Chicken Fajitas with Pineapple Mango Pico de Gallo! In case you missed it, you’ll want to go back and check this blog post out. Oh-em-gee. Delicious! It’s THE food you are going to want to make for company this summer!
5) J for J charms on Etsy! I happened to stumble upon this delightful Etsy shop thanks to Pinterest! The thing that I loved was that the shop owner Carin was creating one-of-a-kind necklaces with your children’s names in them (which look like this)! Basically you have your kids hand-write their name on paper with a sharpie. You scan it, email it to her, and she will encase their little names right into your jewelry! The cost was around $43 (free shipping if you are a Facebook fan!) for a silver necklace with the custom made charms and a little jewel bead to accent it. Not to shabby if you ask me! It’s one of a kind art! 🙂
6) Drake’s new video for Take Care. *SWOON*. I just go ga-ga for the chemistry between these two!
What are you loving this week?